Thursday, December 2, 2010

An Undercover Enemy

I have been thinking more the past few months about terrorist, I am sure it is because of the extensive coverage that the national news media has been giving them lately. Although our Lord has commanded us not to fear man or what man can do to us, I admit that it is a little scary at times what could possibly happen in our country.
But I am reminded that I am not to dwell on what might happen any more than I am to dwell on what might have been. My Lord tells me to live today in the light of His word and to cast all my cares on Him. That is what I am learning to do -- day by day.

Since the spiritual and the physical are so intertwined in the Christians' life, the threat of physical terrorist, made me think of the spiritual terrorist that we fight on a daily basis. It is Satan and his demons that are constantly coming in under cover to kill and to steal. But just as the Lord tells me not to fear man, he tells me to trust Him with this battle as well. He helps me to identify some of the covers that Satan uses. In the next few blog post I thought I would share some of the things that I have been shown through the guidance of the Spirit and the Word. Identifying these will help us as mothers and wives to be able to teach our children the way to counteract spiritual terrorist in our homes, and in each of their lives.

This is so important in the perilous times that we live in. Our children need to know what the Bible says. Church is not just a building that we go to on Sunday--we are the living church. the body of Christ. We must teach them how to defend themselves. To do that we must know how ourselves. Join me on my next post for
The Cover of Doubt

God Bless
Esther

No comments: