Sunday, August 15, 2010

Looking Back

I just came home tonight from attending my 41st high school reunion. My goodness how the years have flown by! I had the opportunity to get reacquainted tonight with friends, some I had not seen since high school. Some live locally, some live miles away. Our paths have taken us down many different avenues. But as different as we all are now, we still have that common bond of schooldays that kept us talking for hours. We talked about the past, when we were all alot younger and hadn't learned what life was about, to the present sharing what and who our lives are centered on now.

God's family is sort of like that. No matter the different backgrounds we have, we all have that common bond of salvation. Of being adopted into the family of God. Because of that we can fellowship together. Sometimes speaking of the past and how God took us out of so many wrong lifestyles, of the present and our learning to live as one of his children, to the future, what a glorious future, when he comes to take us home to be with him forever. Now that is a reunion I am definitely looking forward to--how about you?

No comments: